HSE Specialist, Itasca IL
Honeywell, HSE Specialist
Applicants should contact John Boyle (John.firstname.lastname@example.org) and he will refer them through Honeywell’s HR System and HR will contact them directly. Here’s the job description.
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
Join an organization that demonstrates a proactive health and safety management system, combined with strong employee engagement and environment that fosters continuous improvement.
You will lead activities and HSE performance metrics for the Field Services Organization. You will accomplish this by establishing strong working relationships with the site leadership team and the employees. You will report directly to the HPS UOP HSE Global Manager. You will be a key HSE resource directing sustainable health and safety programs through incorporation of impactful operating processes leading practices in health and safety standards.
Maintain the Field Service HSE Management System by integrating, monitoring and supporting Health, Safety programs, ensuring compliance with the applicable guidelines, procedures, and regulations. Incorporate continuous improvements using Honeywell’s Health and Safety initiatives through Honeywell’s Operating System activities. Provide consultation & proactive integration of HSE initiatives at HPS UOP Field keeping a leading edge on safety awareness and implementation
25% Implements HSE&F standards
25% Provides technical assistance
25% Ensures compliance standards
25% Effective coach and role model~
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree. Preference in Health Safety, Environmental science, industrial hygiene or related field operations or construction management.
- HSE and/or field service
- Experience in maintaining Management Systems
- Use innovative thinking to create continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to influence and be an agent for change.
- Strong ethical framework.
- Knowledge of and direct experience in Health, Safety and Environment management systems, Responsible Care® and ISO 14001.·
- Lean/six sigma experience.
- How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Some Travel Required
- Strong knowledge of basic computer skills – (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Database management.
- Gets results: Strong project development /management skills with ability to work with minimal oversight and a strong bias for delivering on commitments, getting desired results.
- Effective communicator: demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, verbally and in writing, to establish credibility and influence direction.
- Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Field Safety a strong plus
Job ID: HRD1180
- Job Function: Health, Safety & Environment
- Relocation Tier:
- Security Clearance: No Clearance
- Aviation Authority (FAA for US): No
- Band: 04
- Referral Bonus: 0.00
- Requisition Type: Standard Requisition
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.