Ergonomics 1/2 Day Workshop
- November Meeting
November 10, 2017
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Topic: Doing Less at Work and Getting Away with it
This session will focus on various tools that are available to assist safety personnel in effectively reducing risks associated with manual material handling and patient handling. Tools covered in this presentation include quantitative analysis, engineering, administrative, and work practice controls.
Participants will be able to return to their own places of business and use these tools to analyze manual material handling (or patient handling) issues. They will also have some tools from various means of controls to apply in their own work settings to help reduce injuries associated with these types of tasks.
- Identify factors that can contribute to material/patient handling injuries.
- Utilize quantitative tools available to measure manual material handling tasks.
- Identify engineering controls/resources available that may be applicable in industrial and patient care settings.
- Describe administrative practices that may be effective components to an overall prevention program.
- Describe work practices that may be effective components to an overall prevention program.
Speaker: Meredith Wayant
Meredith A. Wayant, MPH, OTR/L, CIE, CHSP has over 29 years’ experience in ergonomics, safety, and medical management. She began as an occupational therapist treating injured workers. This led to an ergonomics position with NATLSCO. She then was the Health & Safety Manager with Sky Chefs at O’Hare International airport. She also has experience in medical settings, manufacturing, municipalities, and schools.
Venue: Sheraton Lisle Hotel
Venue Website: http://www.sheratonlisle.com/Address: