EHS Intern, Northfield IL
To Apply: Please also apply by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
With fifty years of consecutive growth, Medline has more than 15,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90 countries. Recently named one of the nation’s “Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,” Medline is moving the corporate headquarters to a new, state-of-the-art facility in Northfield, IL, just north of Chicago.
Medline offers a robust internship program that provides you with the ability to make a true impact. You will be able to take ownership on projects as well as get a feel for day to day work in your role. In addition to the project work, Medline will provide you with learning, networking, and social opportunities throughout the summer through intern specific trainings, lunch & learns with leadership, and fun events.
An Environmental, Health and Safety Intern at Medline will work closely with department managers and be trained on many aspects of our division/department. The focus of this internship is to create a realistic picture of what it is like to work at Medline. We are seeking a driven, creative and hard-working individual with an entrepreneurial mindset who thrives in a fast-paced, large corporate environment.
The challenging responsibilities of the position include:
- Participate and drive a variety of EHS responsibilities throughout Corporate, Operations and Manufacturing facilities
- Educate in and assist with EHS audits and EHS training
- Assist EHS in driving compliance/regulations across facilities
- Will be responsible for leading a minimum of 1 EHS project independently
- Will be responsible for presenting end of term project summary to Division Leads
- Possible projects could include:
- Participate in area and individual noise sampling
- Conduct Job Safety Analysis
- Create Safety Tips
- Review specified EHS related documents and policies
- Junior standing in an EHS related field with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Have a strong desire to work in the EHS field after School
- Have general understanding of related regulatory requirements (OSHA, EPA)
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Works well independently and as in a team environment
- Willingness to work in an industrial setting
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Unrestricted permanent US work authorization
- Additional Skills is a Plus:
- OSHA 10 and/or 30 training for general industry
- Have knowledge of Kaizen and Continuous Improvement Programs
- Trained in First Aid, CPR, AED and Bloodborne Pathogens
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
Medline’s policy is to employ the best qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.